Through the Years (1912 – 2010)
THE STORY BEGINS…
The first religious service in West Kildonan under Methodist leadership was held in a small building located on Main Street at Kilbride Avenue (later known as Cail’s Barber Shop) on Sunday February 3rd, 1912.
This group of people coming largely from the ‘Old Country’ with the memories of good times in the house of prayer still fresh in their hearts, longed for a meeting place, where they could join together in thanksgiving to God for blessings received, and in fellowship and study, gather strength and inspiration to meet the problems which this new country was thrusting upon them.
Since that time the church has continued to fill its place in the interests of the community, and stands today with open doors welcoming all who wish to worship within its borders.
Its various departments are open to all, irrespective of creed or nationality, and besides offering the privileges of worship, fellowship and study, gives opportunity to any who desire, to utilize their talents and power of give of their substance for the good of all.
Taken from “Through the Years” A History of Kildonan United Church
Quoted from ‘DIRECTORY OF WEST KILDONAN ‘ printed in 1922